energy independence with GreenSun
home solar + energy storage
It is so simple to go solar and plug you house into nature. GreenSun renewable energy designs help you get the most out of your PV system whilst reduce your total energy costs by up to 80%. Built around tier 1 components, our modular architecture gives you the flexibility to configure a system that best suits your needs and budget and makes it easy to expand your system or scale it up over time
On Grid Systems
- Up to 30% saving
- Excess power feeds back to the grid.
- Backup power or batteries can be added later to store excess.
- Up to 80% saving
- The system is scalable and can be grown over time match your needs
- Li-ion batteries are part of this system design
Distributed Solar + Storage
Battery storage takes you one step closer to energy independence, helping to shield you from volatile energy prices by providing you with your own source of power that can be used any time of the day, even when the sun isn’t shining. This helps you gain greater predictability over your costs and reduce your dependence on utilities
Storing surplus solar power makes you less reliant on the grid, which is particularly valuable in regions that suffer regular brownouts or blackouts. Instead of being in the dark, you can simply draw energy from your battery to keep the lights on or the fridge powered during brownouts or blackouts.
What is Community Solar?
A community solar project, often referred to as a solar garden, is a solar power plant whose electricity is shared by more than one property on an estate.
The primary purpose of community solar is to allow members of a community to investment in a share of a large solar garden, to receive a portion of the energy generated from it. This way, members can benefit from all the power produced by their solar share of the PV panels, which typically costs less than the relative price they would pay CEB for their electricity utility. These shares are usually limited to the amount of electricity that the owner uses monthly.
Virtual Net Metering (VNM) ensures that share owners receive solar credits for each unit of solar power produced by their share. Credits from solar shares are deducted from the owner’s electricity bill, and will supplement either a portion of, or their complete electricity bill.
HOW IT WORKS
Each Solar Panels can be seen as a share in a company. The Share holders dividend is the production of the panel for the period at the agreed rate of return.
Community Solar Advantages
Benefits of Community Solar:
- Community Solar cost per Kilowatt is usually cheaper than that of the Utility.
- No home access is required.
- No modifications or work done on roofs, which is more aesthetically pleasing.
- Cheaper cost per watt of installed PV compared to rooftop installations, due to economies of scale.
- 15% -20% increase in efficiency of Solar Array network.
- Shorter payback/break-even period of approx. 3 years, compared to approx. 7 years of rooftop installations.
- Homeowners have an option to purchase any value of shares (subject to a minimum amount).
- Homeowners have the option of installing battery energy storage for backup.
- Easy access to Solar Gardens for reduced O&M costs and to ensure optimal PV efficiency.
- Opportunity for outside investment.
- Renters can partake without permission of Homeowner.
- Solar gardens can be added as the estate grows.
- Land required close to injection points into existing electrical network.
- A small amount of Marketing may be required to encourage the investment of solar shares.
- Operations and Maintenance (O&M) will be carried out on an annual basis.
- Administration will be required for the conferring of credits.